Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Bought at Auction

Wow, I have justed been through my first auction. What a process it was. Nerve wracking to boot. But in the end we won the property we were after for quite a bit less than reserve which is good news.

It's funny how we managed to build up a perception of something with limited knowledge about it. The auction process was nothing like I had imagined. Well ok it was something like it but the auctioneer was much more jovial that I had imagined and yet at the same time there were far fewer people bidding that I had expected. The room was packed with over 40 people but there was no way of knowing which of the 5 properties the people were interested in.

As it turned out very few of the people present actually bidded on properties and for ours only one other person and he wasn't prepared to go as high as we were.

Woo such a load of to have this all over and done.

No comments: