Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Life under the Thumb

Tell most people you're married and they'll come back with some comment about your boss (ie your wife) or something about having to get a leave pass in order to go out.

Yet after being married almost 4 months I hate to say I can't see any of that!

Makes me think that some people have a raw deal in marriage. Then again I guess these musings come down to the compramises we have to make in order to live with someone. When we're single and living alone its the ultimate in freedom. Noone to check with noone to call when your home late. In theory its the ideal situation.

Yet after being married I wouldn't go back. The comprimise made is far outweighed by the joy of having a lovely wife to hang out with for ever and a day.

Wife: Yes, this is about you.


I think somehow the fact that we both went through the aguish of planning a wedding of our own accord means that we really want it. Doing that, liasing with families, bargining guest lists and tables working out what to do after. It all proves that we're on the right thing. If we faced these things and turned and ran, well that would be saying something wouldn't it!

I love my wife and I'm so glad I'm married.

Nuff said.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you have got to be kidding!

Ryan Ruckley said...

Why? Can't this be serious? Besides, who the hell uses Dude anymore?