Monday, December 12, 2005

Please dont make me get up early again

Ok here's the deal. We've been having lots of eletrical work going on over the last month or so. Big deal you say? Well for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of working in close contact with electricians won't know that electricians for some unknown reason like to start work at 7am!! Even if they are commuting from the Central Coast (1hr away by car). This of course means that if you also don't start work at 7am then your electricians are sitting around for an hour or so waiting for you to come and let them in.

But don't think that means that just work back an hour. Oh no! They will still leave at their normal finishing time of 3pm. Thus you get sparkies that look to you to be very lazy.

So my point is why? Why do they have to start so early. Most of the working world doesn't! Well ok, all tradies seem to start early and having been the person to let them in early for the last week or so I'm beginging to wonder why. Why can't they just adjust to our hours and be done with it? Surely they wouldn't mind the sleep in? I know I would!

All right, it's a lame rant but dammit it's a rant! I'm tired and no amount of coffee is going to fix that this morning. Perhaps I should just sleep under my desk for an hour or so until someone else rocks up!

Grrr.

No comments: