Saturday, July 22, 2006

Ego

I was thinking the other day about what makes us do things. What motivates us and drives us to suceed. I find myself now rather blessed with ambition something that years ago would have seemed alien to me.

Yet I do not know how I got here exactly and it's strange to think that I quite enjoy this side of myself.

So, I was given to thinking these things and came to the conclusion that it all comes down to the ego. I have one, you have one, most people seem to have them. It really is a matter of how much we let our ego's influence our thoughts and actions.

When it comes to me I have to admit that I have a healthy ego but it is this very health that lets me think that I will do well. By believing that I will do well I end up with ambition to do well.

Does that make sense? These thoughts are just coming out as I type so I would expect not a lot of sense.

So you see I have a desire to prove to people that I am smart and that by being smart I will go places. From spending too much time at uni to never getting anything finished I was furnished with a measure of guilt that I have wasted my time that I have left things too late.

But now, with ambition brought about my ego I feel more and more powerful. I feel like I can pull off anything if I just let my ego drive me. I feel like I am a force that can reckon with others on an equal level despite my brain (which has always seemed like a hindrance).

Yes, it's a ramble. It's random thoughts but do you get what I'm saying?

By having a healthy ego (sometimes a bit too healthy) I am able to say to myself, yes I can do that, yes I am _going_ to do that and I desrve to do well.

I like my ego. I like me. And that's where I want to be.

Oh, and I love my wife and our little bunny.

Over and out.

No comments: