Friday, July 28, 2006

Hunted

I was head hunted the other day. Out of the blue. Talked about the role...offering more significantly more $$$ than I am on now.

So yes I was interested. But then he mentioned the travel. And I guess to some people that would be a bonus for the job but for me (and us) with a child on the way it's just not viable. The travel would have been 5 times a month in Canberra, twice a month interstate and twice a year overseas. I mean it sounds nice but really with a kid on the way I don't think that's the way to start.

Besides I'm really comfy where I am . Which I guess means that it will be a long time before I go anywhere. I mean I just can't imagine this degree of autonomy. I like running my day how I see fit and persuing what technical improvements I think would be good.

This job has a mix of everything I like, freedom, geekiness and stuff to play with. What more could you want? Oh and it's close to home.

Does this sound like I'm trying to justify staying put in a job that I've been in for over 6 years? Yes it does? Well , I guess that's what I'm doing. It's not all about the money.

Well there you have it. Only the second time I have ever been head hunted.

No comments: