Thursday, June 09, 2005

No more school!

Well, I've finally finished my classes for this semester. Yes, I am a uni student, but unlike most uni students, I'm still doing my degree after 14 years. Oh the shame! To be honest, I have had a break in the middle for 6 years so its not all as bad as it seems! If all goes well I will be finished next year and have the self satisfaction of relearning all the stuff that I use day to day in my job. Isn't life great? I don't really need a degree for my job but I need one to feel complete. Its not the work place that is compelling this studiousness upon me, its my friends around me that all have degrees. I just don't know what I would say to my kids years down the track to explain why it was that I started but never finished my degree. I think that looks worse that not bothering at all. At least that I can explain on an ideological level.

Stay tuned for more belly insights tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ryan Ruckley said...

Well, ok, commenting on your own posts is a bit well sad really. Bit like sending yourself flowers on valentines day, I mean really, who would bother to do that? Can't say I would. So why am I posting here? Can't really say either. Oh well.